2023 Organizations and Natural Environment (ONE) Division
Book Award: Call for Nominations
The Organizations and the Natural Environment (ONE) Division of the Academy of Management 2023 Book Award recognizes the best book published in the previous three years (2020, 2021 or 2022) in the area of organizations and the natural environment.
• The recipient will receive an award plaque from ONE, a check for $500 from the ONE division and award sponsor, recognition at the annual AoM ONE Business Meeting (where the recipient of the award will be announced), as well as a listing with past Book Award winners on the ONE website.
• At least one author (or editor for collected works) needs to be an ONE member.
• Edited books (books divided into chapters, each of which is written by a different author or group of authors) are eligible for the ONE Book Award so long as they have a research focus in the ONE field and have a value-added overview chapter by the editors.
· New editions of previously published works, while laudable, are not eligible for the ONE Book Award.
• Nominations by others and self-nominations are possible. Stage of career and background do not matter, so long as the member is in good standing at the Academy of Management.
• The nomination should be in the form of a brief supporting statement summarizing the book and explaining how the book addresses organizations and the natural environment topics.
• The nomination statement should be addressed by email to Jeannie Lee (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Betina Szkudlarek (email@example.com), ONE Book Award Committee Co-Chairs.
• The nominator or nominee should send (or request the publisher to send) a copy of the nominated title to each member of the book award committee. Please contact the Co-Chairs for a list of addresses. If you will send an eBook, please send a copy to the Co-Chairs for distribution to committee members (it will not be distributed further than needed for the award evaluation process).
• The nomination statement deadline is April 30, 2023. Books should be received soon after.
Nominated books will be judged according to four criteria:
1. Originality in substance and approach
2. Significance for scholarly and/or policy debate in the field
3. Rigor in approach and analysis
2023 ONE Book Award Committee Members
· Jeannie Lee, University of Newcastle Australia (Co-chair)
· Betina Szkudlarek, University of Sydney (Co-chair)
· Rüdiger Hahn, Heinrich-Heine-University Düsseldorf (HHU)
· Wilfred Mijnhardt, Erasmus University Rotterdam
If you have any questions or require further information, please contact Jeannie Lee (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Betina Szkudlarek (email@example.com).
Thank you for your interest and we look forward to receiving your nomination!
ONE Book Award Committee Co-Chairs
Eun Su Lee
University of Newcastle