Call for Submissions:
2024 IM Division D'Amore-McKim School of Business, Northeastern University Award for the Best Dissertation in International Management
Deadline: 31 January 2024
The IM Division D'Amore-McKim School of Business, Northeastern University Award for the Best Dissertation in International Management is presented to the best dissertation submitted to the International Management Division. A plaque is awarded to the author of the winning dissertation.
· The award competition is open to all Ph.D. and D.B.A. students who have successfully completed their dissertations during the 2023 calendar year.
· Dissertations submitted to other competitions are eligible.
· All applicants must be members of the IM Division. If you would like to submit your dissertation for this award but are not yet a member of the IM Division, you can sign up by visiting http://aom.informz.net/z/cjUucD9taT04ODc3MTgwJnA9MSZ1PTc2ODAyMjg4OCZsaT03ODk2ODc1Ng/index.html. Click or tap if you trust this link." rel="noopener">this link, click on "IM" in the interactive chart, and then click the "Join" button.
· The dissertations must contribute to basic or applied knowledge on topics within the domain statement of the IM Division. These can relate to cross-border or cross-cultural issues that influence individuals, teams, organizations, regions, nations, or the world as a whole. Traditional topics related to multinational enterprises and cross-cultural management are within the IM Division domain (see below), but others such as those related to UN sustainable development goals, social justice, diversity, migration, and the like in an international context also fit the IM Division.
Domain Statement: International Management focuses on content pertaining to the theory, research, and practice of management in various global settings. Major topics include: the cross-border management of operations, including multi-country, multi-unit, strategy formulation and implementation; evolving organizational forms and management practices in cross-border business; the cross-border differential impact of cultural, social, economic, technological, political, and other institutional forces on strategies, organizational forms, and management practices; the international competitiveness of firms, industries, and nations; and comparative management studies involving two or more countries.
· Submit electronically a 10-page, double-spaced abstract, with margins of one inch (2.54 cm) on every side and in no smaller than 12-point font.
· This abstract should include the title of the dissertation, a description of the dissertation's objective, theoretical foundations, relation to prior research, methodology, findings, limitations, and contributions to the field of international management.
· Reference lists are not included within the 10-page limit, but all other text, figures, tables or illustrations are included.
· Submit the abstract in PDF format, removing any author identification information.
· Within the body of the submission e-mail, but not in the abstract file, please indicate your name, the university you graduated from, your dissertation chair(s), and your month and year of graduation.
· Please write "AOM IM Division Best Dissertation Award Abstract" as the subject header.
· Submit your abstract via e-mail to the Best Dissertation Award Committee Chair, Joao Albino-Pimentel: firstname.lastname@example.org.
· Submit your abstract by 31 January 2024.
· The IM Division Best Dissertation Award Committee will conduct the first round of reviews of the abstract submissions and select three to five finalists based on the quality of their abstracts.
· The finalists will then submit their full dissertations for further review and selection.
Obligations of Finalists
Being selected as a finalist is an honor. Finalists are required to present their dissertations at a specially designed session during the 2024 AOM Annual Meeting. Please submit your abstracts only if you agree with this requirement and agree to attend the division's Business Meeting where the winner will be announced.