Giving Voice To Values: An Educators' Practicum – June 4-5, 2019 at UVA Darden Sands Family Grounds, near Washington D.C.
This program is designed for educators who are seeking to master the use of the Giving Voice to Values (GVV) pedagogical approach as well as to learn to develop their own custom GVV materials. This day and a half seminar will be conducted on-site at the Darden School's Sands Family Grounds, located in Rosslyn, Virginia, just outside of Washington, D.C. For more information, contact LeflarE@darden.virginia.edu or GentileM@darden.virginia.edu
Giving Voice To Values: The "How" of Values-Based Leadership – June 25-26, 2019 at HWZ University of Applied Sciences in Business Administration, Zurich, Switzerland
An introduction to the GVV approach and to GVV program design for corporate practitioners. For more information, contact Mary Gentile.
Forthcoming: Special Issue of People + Strategy Journal Dedicated to Giving Voice To Values, Summer 2019
Essays will range from an interview with the UVA Darden Dean Scott Beardsley and with John Heiser, CEO of LabVantage to essays on values-driven leadership in the healthcare and military arenas; around workplace harassment; in team development; etc.
Request From Mary Gentile to Users of FBB Curricular Materials
I have been so grateful that Darden Business Publishing has generously agreed to continue to make the "legacy" GVV Curricular Materials available for free use to educators. However, it is important for them to be able to report usage statistics. Therefore, I would be very grateful if users would go to the GVV page at Darden Business Publishing and place the materials, along with number of learners (students, managers, etc.) into the "cart," each time you use some of the curriculum. It will appear as if you are purchasing the materials, but when you check out, the total amount due will be $0. This allows Darden Business Publishing to report the statistics which helps us to show the value of these materials. THANK YOU!
Giving Voice To Values Audiobook Now Available
The audiobook version of Giving Voice to Values: How to Speak Your Mind When You Know What's Right by Tantor Media is now available.
A New Offering of the GVV MOOC Launches Every Fourth Monday
The GVV MOOC, Ethical Leadership Through Giving Voice to Values, launched in September by UVA Darden and Coursera is available every fourth Monday.
GVV ACROSS SECTORS -- EDUCATION , CORPORATE, the LAW, the MILITARY, the PUBLIC SECTOR
GVV is frequently introduced in educational and training settings including:
· Colorado Mesa University, February 2019.
· George Washington University Elliott School of International Affairs, February 2019.
· One Week Intensive GVV course – "Leadership When It Really Counts" for SY MBAs at Darden, March 2019. Syllabus available.
· "Giving Voice To Values and the Law" – a day- long conference at Villanova Law School for law professors and legal practitioners, March 2019.
· Bard College Sustainability MBA Program, April 2019.
· U.S. Army SHARP (Sexual Harassment Assault Response & Prevention) Academy Professional Forum on "Giving Voice To Values", Ft. Leavenworth, April 2019.
· Timothy B. Hussey Leadership, University of Southern Maine, April 2019.
· The Aspen Institute First Movers Fellowship program, May 2019.
· Government Finance Officers Association launch of GVV Training, Los Angeles, May 2019.
· GVV at ComplianceWeek annual convening, Washington D.C., May 2019.
Recent books in the GVV Book Series from Routledge/Greenleaf
Giving Voice To Values in Accounting Editors Tara J. Shawver and William F. Miller share research, cases and discussion to provide accounting educators, coaches, trainers and professionals with both the impetus and the tools to easily implement the GVV methodology into their own work, their organizations and in the classroom. Giving Voice to Values as a Professional Physician: An Introduction to Medical Ethics by Ira Bedzow weaves contemporary views of medical professionalism with the powerful vision of Giving Voice to Values to create a novel take on virtue ethics.
More Media & Publications
GVV AROUND THE WORLD
GVV is active internationally and growing, with over 1,100 presentations and/or pilots in education, business, and fields such as nursing, medicine, law and engineering. In recent months in addition to GVV programs at various universities across the USA:
· Two GVV Programs for private bankers, for Wealth Management Institute and NTU in SINGAPORE, March 2019.
· International Launch of ONLINE INTERACTIVE GVV PROGRAMS by Chartered Financial Analyst Institute, March/April 2019.
· Video presentation on GVV for Debaprasad Chattopadhyay, GLobsyn Business School, India, conference on corporate responsibility, ethics and leadership,, March 8, 2019.
· VIDEO presentation on GVV for UNODC E4J workshop in Ghana, March 2019.
· Forthcoming GVV Webinar for Ethics Professionals, EPAC, Canada, June 2019
· Arabic translations of selected GVV materials from Al Akhawayn University in Ifrane, Morocco, will be available in 2019. Watch for more information soon.
Visit the GVV Around the World section of our website for more on GVV's global reach and impact.
FOR ACADEMIC & CORPORATE EDUCATION
Giving Voice to Values course materials and curricula with UVA Darden Business Publishing
Nomadic Learning offers a series of six online interactive, social cohort-based customizable modules on GVV for corporate users. Read the latest Nomadic blog post from Mary Gentile.
Giving Voice to Values
Giving Voice to Values: How to Speak Your Mind When You Know What's Right
GVV Curriculum and Materials at UVA Darden Business Publishing
GVV MOOC Information and Registration
Contact Mary Gentile
Professor of Practice
University of Virginia Darden School of Business
Creator/Director, Giving Voice to Values