New Case: "Balance-Statement Reporting at Premium Capital Funds" about the largest brokerage firm in Columbia, available from Darden Business Publishing.
Written by Professors Liliana Lopez-Jimenez and Luis Antonio Orozco, Universidad Externado de Colombia School of Management, and Ricardo Emilio Martinez-Gomex, former employee at Premium Capital Funds. The Spanish language version will be available soon.
Keynote on GVV for IFBEC (International Forum for Business Ethics & Compliance, Aerospace and Defense Industry), Washington D.C., October 2019.
"Letter to the Editor: The Neccesity of Teaching Medical Students to Voice Their Values," Ira Bedzow, The American Journal of Bioethics, 20:1, W3-W4.
GVV Webinar for TEI (TEI, a deferal shared service furnishing leadership training and services to over 40 different government agencies), November 2019.
GVV was a featured topic for CSS Ascendant Regulatory Compliance Conference convening in Scottsdale, Arizona, September 2019.
UVA Darden Executive Education offers a one day corporate program on "Giving Voice To Values: Leadership When It Really Counts," October 2019.
GVV was featured in keynote at the sixth annual Daniels Fund Ethics Consortium Summit in Beaver Creek, Colorado, October 2019.
"How to act on your values, with Giving Voice To Values Founder, Mary Gentile" by Jewelle Saunders, Young Leaders of Americas Initiative, U.S. State Department, October 2019.
"Beyond so-called 'Speak Up Culture': From Preaching to Practice," by Mary C. Gentile in Risk & Compliance Magazine, Oct - Dec 2019.
Day long GVV Program for Benedictine University Values-Driven Leadership Doctoral Program, Chicago, January 2020.
GVV featured for Corporate Integrity Network and for University of Calgary Haskayne School of Business, Canada, January 2020.
Special issue of HR People+Strategy Journal dedicated to Giving Voice To Values, Summer 2019.
Publication: "Giving Voice To Values: Responsible Management as Facilitation of Ethical Voice"
By Carsten Tams, Mary C. Gentile. In Laasch, O., Jamali, D., Freeman, E., & Suddaby, R. (2019). The Research Handbook of Responsible Management. Cheltenham: Edward Elgar.
Giving Voice To Values Audiobook Now Available
The audiobook version of Giving Voice To Values: How to Speak Your Mind When You Know What's Right by Tantor Media is now available at www.MaryGentile.com.
A New Offering of the GVV MOOC Launches Every Fourth Monday
The GVV MOOC, Ethical Leadership Through Giving Voice to Values, launched by UVA Darden and Coursera, is available every fourth Monda.
GVV IN THE NEWS
Interview with Mary Gentile on Giving Voice To Values and Success with Alice Alessandri and Alberto Aleo at Passodue, January 2020. GVV cited in "Operationalizing Inclusion: Where Strategy, Tactics, and Values Intersect" by Anna Marie Valerio in People+Strategy, January 2020. GVV cited in "From Preaching to Behavioral Change: Fostering Ethics and Compliance Learning in the Workplace" by Christian Hauser in Journal of Business Ethics, November 2019. GVV cited in "Ethics as Freedom, Part II: How to Apply Motivational Science to Ethics Management" by Carsten Tams in Forbes, October 31, 2019. GVV mentioned in "Royal Commission Shows Business Students Should Be Given a Moral Compass" by Cordelia Fine, Financial Review, Australia, December 2, 2018. "Building Inclusive Leaders: Aligning the HR Infrastructure" by Anna Marie Valerio, from Giving Voice to Values Series in HR People+Strategy Blog, September 5, 2019.
More Media & Publications
GVV AROUND THE WORLD
· GVV was the subject of a Keynote Presentation by Mary C. Gentile at MLC - The Next Chapter, a professional program for Financial Advisors in Cairns, Australia, November 2019.
· Gentile conducted a GVV Webinar for students in the International Business Ethics course at Dimitrie Cantemir Christian University in Bucharest, Romania, November 2019.
· Several schools in the MENA region are utilizing the Giving Voice to Values (GVV) pedagogy for values-driven leadership through case studies developed in strong partnership with organizations in the region. These case studies present real-life examples of protagonists who knew the right thing to do and exemplified ways of doing it. The German University in Cairo (GUC), Egypt, for example, has incorporated GVV in its business ethics course taught at the MBA level. Other universities piloting the GVV approach include Al-Akhawayn University in Ifrane, Morocco, and Qatar University. These efforts are currently being documented in a forthcoming book to be published by Routledge in the GVV Book Series.
· GVV was featured in a session at the International Leadership Association annual convening in Ottawa, Canada, November 2019.
· GVV has become part of the pedagogy and curriculum for FASPE, the Fellowship at Auschwitz for the Study of Professional Ethics. To learn more, visit: https://connect.darden.virginia.edu/e/492531/2020-02-05/43vylb/419986567?h=wEuNUZGiKWqYkbS9QzteiAXilVeNNVmD7JbPtrUEuhU.
· GVV was discussed in Kalnitskaya, P. (2018). "Challenging the oppressive social context by redesigning learning space. The case of a business ethics class in Russia" Cuadernos de Administración, 31 (57).
· Arabic translations of selected GVV materials from Al Akhawayn University in Ifrane, Morocco, will be available soon.
· New GVV cases from China are in the final stage of development. Watch for more information.
Visit the GVV Around the World section of our website for more on GVV's global reach and impact.
GVV ACROSS SECTORS - EDUCATION, CORPORATE, THE LAW, THE MILITARY, & THE PUBLIC SECTOR
GVV is active and growing rapidly, with over 1,170 presentations and/or pilots in education, business and fields such as nursing, medicine, law and engineering. For example:
· GVV will have been featured at two national convenings of Financial Professionals in Australia in the recent months - MLC in Cairns and the Portfolio Construction Forum in Sydney.
· GVV was featured at the convening of UVA School of Medicine Foundations of Clinical Medicine Faculty Retreat, October 2019.
· Featured GVV Training Program for the California State Municipal Finance Organization, January 2020.
· GVV is now featured in an ONLINE program for the CFA Institute (Chartered Financial Analyst Institute).
· GVV is now being used in professional development programming by the GFOA (Government Financial Offiers Association).
· GVV is the featured methodology in Aspen Ethical Leadership in Healthcare program, offered annually (September 8-11).
RECENT BOOKS IN THE GVV SERIES FROM ROUTLEDGE/GREENLEAF
· Authentic Excellence: Flourishing and Resilience in a Relentless World - Building on the principles of Giving Voice to Values, which honors the complexity and difficulty of leading with our values, R. Kelly Crace and Robert Louis Crace address the unique challenges faced by young adults. The book provides a clear process that details how to harness natural wisdom to flourish through the relentless pace and pressure of today's world.
· Giving Voice To Values in Accounting - Editors Tara J. Shawver and William F. Miller share research, cases, and discussion to provide accounting educators, coaches, trainer, and professionals with both the impetus and the tools to easily implement the GVV methodology into their own work, their organizations and in the classroom.
· Giving Voice To Values as a Professional Physician: An Introduction to Medical Ethics - Ira Bedzow weaves contemporary views of medical professionalism with the powerful vision of Giving Voice to Values to create a novel take on virtue ethics.
Forthcoming books in the GVV Series from Routledge/Greenleaf will focus on Marketing, Sustainability, GVV and Ethics Education in the MENA region; Ethical Practice in the Legal Profession; etc. If you have an idea for a manuscript in this series, please contact GentileM@darden.virginia.edu.
THANK YOU for your continued interest and use of Giving Voice To Values!
For more information about Giving Voice To Values, visit www.GivingVoiceToValues.org and/or contact Mary C. Gentile, PhD, at GentileM@darden.virginia.edu.
Giving Voice to Values
Giving Voice to Values: How to Speak Your Mind When You Know What's Right
GVV Curriculum and Materials at UVA Darden Business Publishing
GVV MOOC Information and Registration
Contact Mary Gentile
Professor of Practice
University of Virginia Darden School of Business
Creator/Director, Giving Voice to Values