Sign up now for a New Offering of Interactive Digital Course on GVV
Professor Mary Gentile's "Giving Voice To Values" curriculum is available through a new interactive, digital course from Darden Executive Education, running October 7 - November 10, 2019.
GVV/Gentile short-listed (again!) for THINKERS50 IDEAS INTO PRACTICE Award for 2019
Announcements will be made in London in November.
Special Issue of HR PEOPLE+STRATEGY Journal Dedicated to Giving Voice To Values, Summer 2019
Washington State University - Vancouver Students win Grant Thornton National Ethics Award and Second Place in Deloitte Best Practice Award at the Beta Alpha Psi
Publication: "Giving Voice To Values: Responsible Management as Facilitation of Ethical Voice"
By Carsten Tams, Mary Gentile. In Laasch, O., Jamali, D., Freeman, E., & Suddaby, R. (2019). The Research Handbook of Responsible Management. Cheltenham: Edward Elgar.
GVV Featured in "Skills for Future Finance Leaders: Ethics Takes Centre Stage" by Sarah Murray, Financial Times, June 16, 2019
GVV is Featured Methodology in "Law and Strategy and Ethics?" in the Georgetown Journal of Legal Ethics, Vol. 32, 2019 by Thomas M. Madden
Giving Voice To Values Audiobook Now Available
The audiobook version of Giving Voice To Values: How to Speak Your Mind When You Know What's Right by Tantor Media is now available.
A New Offering of the GVV MOOC Launches Every Fourth Monday
The GVV MOOC, Ethical Leadership Through Giving Voice To Values, launched by UVA Darden and Coursera, is available every fourth Monday.
GVV IN THE NEWS
"Finding Your Ethical Voice" by Steven Mintz. Blog post on WorkplaceEthicsAdvice.com, August 22, 2019. "Building Inclusive Leaders: Voicing the Value of Inclusion" by Anna Marie Valerio in HR People+Strategy Blog, August 22, 2019. "B-Skills: An Interview with Mary Gentile on Ethical Leadership" by Laura Childs at B-Schools, August 19, 2019 Giving Voice To Values featured in in blog post "CASE STUDY: Gaining Support for a Social Purpose" by Ranjini Swamy, HR People+Strategy, August 1, 2019.
Giving Voice To Values featured in "Responding to Research Misconduct: A Primer for LIS Professionals" by Melody Herr in Science & Technology Libraries, 2019.
Giving Voice To Values referenced in "Gender Inclusion By Top Leaders: Evidence and Positive Actions" by Anna Marie Valerio in SHRM Executive Network, HR People+Strategy, IN FOCUS White Papers, 2019. "The Actions of Ethical Behavior" Blog Post by Deborah Stadtler, SHRM Executive Network, HR People+Strategy, July 2, 2019. "Voicing Values: Employee Exposes Seamy Sales Training" by Andrew Rudin, CUSTOMERTHINK, June 26, 2019. "Giving Voice To Values: Essential Nutrition for the Fiscally Fit Organization" by Andrew Rudin, CUSTOMERTHINK, June 14, 2019. "Summer Must-Reads for Leaders: Maryland Smith Experts," PR Newswire, Yahoo!Finance, June 13, 2019. "In the Weeds: A Taxing Values Conundrum," Insights from Mary Gentile, Steven Mintz and William Miller. Written by Seb Murray. In "Ideas to Action" from University of Virginia Darden School of Business, May 28, 2019. "MBAs Think Short-Term, Here Are Solutions," with Danny Miller, Nancy McGaw and Mary C. Gentile in Network for Business Sustainability, April 29, 2019. "Digital Learning and Values-Driven Leadership: Why It Works," Insights from Mary Gentile, Written by Debra Newcomer in IDEAS TO ACTION, University of Virginia Darden School of Business, February 12, 2019. GVV Cited in "Feeling Morally Queasy At Work: Tips for Voicing Your Values" by Andrew Rudin, February 7, 2019. "Mary Gentile on giving voice to values," ComplianceWeek TOP MINDS IN COMPLIANCE podcast, February 11, 2019. "Getting the Right Thing Done: The 'How' of Ethics in Business and Beyond" blog post by Mary C. Gentile at Globally Responsible Initiative, January 2019.
More Media & Publications
GVV AROUND THE WORLD
· GVV has, since 2015, gained new momentum in Africa where ABIS and serveral of its Africa-based business school members collaborated to create the Values-driven Leadership in Action, programme with GVV at the heart of its philosophy and methodology. Spearheaded by Mollie Painter-Morland from Nottingham (UK, firstname.lastname@example.org) and Arnold Smit from Stellenbosch (South Africa, email@example.com), the programme has since been presented in Egypt, Kenya, and South Africa and attended by leaders from private, public, and social sector organizations. Customized applications have also found their way into executive education, board leadership development, and the healthcare sector.
· Arabic translations of selected GVV materials from Al Akhawayn University in Ifrane, Morocco, will be available soon and new GVV cases from China and Colombia are in final stages of development. Watch for more information.
Visit the GVV Around the World section of our website for more on GVV's global reach and impact.
GVV ACROSS SECTORS - EDUCATION, CORPORATE, THE LAW, THE MILITARY, & THE PUBLIC SECTOR
GVV is active and growing rapidly, with over 1,130 presentations and/or pilots in education, business and fields such as nursing, medicine, law and engineering. For example:
· GVV is now featured in an ONLINE program for the CFA Institute (Chartered Financial Analyst Institute).
· GVV is now being used in professional development programming by the GFOA (Government Financial Officers Association).
· GVV is the featured methodology in Aspen Ethical Leadership in Healthcare program, offered annually (Next program scheduled for September 14-16, 2020).
· GVV Presentations in two Health Care Management programs at the Academy of Management Annual Conference, Boston, August 2019.
· GVV has begun working with the University of Virginia School of Medicine to build the approach into their Ethics and Leadership offerings.
RECENT BOOKS IN THE GVV SERIES FROM ROUTLEDGE/GREENLEAF
· Giving Voice To Values in Accounting - Editors Tara J. Shawver and William F. Miller share research, cases, and discussion to provide accounting educators, coaches, trainers, and professionals with both the impetus and the tools to easily implement the GVV methodology into their own work, their organizations, and in the classroom.
· Giving Voice To Values as a Professional Physician: An Introduction to Medical Ethics - Ira Bedzow weaves contemporary views of medical professionalism with the powerful vision of Giving Voice To Values to create a novel take on virtue ethics.
THANK YOU for your continued interest and use of Giving Voice To Values!
For more information about Giving Voice To Values, visit www.GivingVoiceToValues.org and/or contact Mary C. Gentile, PhD, at GentileM@darden.virginia.edu.
Giving Voice to Values
Giving Voice to Values: How to Speak Your Mind When You Know What's Right
GVV Curriculum and Materials at UVA Darden Business Publishing
GVV MOOC Information and Registration
Contact Mary Gentile
Professor of Practice
University of Virginia Darden School of Business
Creator/Director, Giving Voice to Values