View Thread

Positive Impact Rating for Business Schools (PIR)

• 1.  Positive Impact Rating for Business Schools (PIR)

Posted 11-22-2022 10:17
    Dear ONE members,

I hope you and yours are safe and well,,, and that you will forgive me for any cross-postings.
    Some of my colleagues and I have recently learned about a new business school rating system called Positive Impact Rating (PIR) that we think can be a real contribution to what many of us are trying to do.  
    The PIR is featured with two other initiatives for transforming business education in the editorial for the up-coming vol 10, #2 issue of the Journal of Management for Global Sustainability.  What is most exciting for us about the PIR is that it focuses on how schools' business education programs -- teaching, research, and service ... and we hope activism -- are helping students, graduates, faculty, and administrators contribute to the world -- ideally contributing to creating a sustainable/flourishing/regenerating world.  We think the PIR is a big improvement over the current rating/ranking systems that focus almost exclusively on how the schools impact the salaries of their graduates and on the schools' own status and ability to attract new applications for admission and not on the schools' contributions to the world.
    We asked the folks at PIR to give us some information on how your school might join the initiative and have pasted-in below the message Nikolay Ivanov of PIR sent to us.  We hope your school will join this year (ideally)... or next.
    Warm regards,
    Jim Stoner
    From Nikolay:
    I am pleased to share this opportunity for interested schools to join the Positive Impact Rating for Business Schools (PIR) in its 2023 Edition. The PIR is the only global rating that focuses on business schools' societal purpose and impact. It is students themselves who assess their school on its positive impact. The key benefits for the participating schools are that it:
    • Showcases your school's efforts related to societal impact 
    • Adds evidence for your accreditation reporting
    • Enhances your internal change processes
    • Enables you to compare your progress with the progress of other business schools across regions
    Experience suggests that schools best register before the end of November, so that students have enough time to organize the survey completion. 
    For the 2023 Edition, the PIR is introducing two new optional features: 1) AACSB compatible questions and 2) School-specific questions. For more information and to register, please visit: https://www.positiveimpactrating.org/register For any questions please contact Nikolay@PositiveImpactRating.org 

------------------------------
    James A F Stoner
    Professor Emeritus
    Fordham University
    Westport CT
    (203) 246-5323
    ------------------------------